Personal, Corporate & Evidential Breathalyser Devices For Every Situation
Disposable Alcohol Breathalyser:
The Disposable alcohol breathalyser is a single use breathalyser which will help determine whether a person is over the South African legal drink driving limit. This is a great alcohol tester to keep in your vehicle if you have unexpectedly consumed alcohol.
Alcoscan™ AT62 Alcohol Breathalyser:
The Alcoscan™ AT-62 alcohol breathalyser is a compact keyring breathalyser which is used for personal use and is a great health and safety promotional gift.
Alcoscan™ AL2500 Prime Alcohol Breathalyser:
The Alcoscan™ AL2500 Prime is a reliable, easy to use compact breathalyser with simple one-button operation and backlit display which allows discreet use even in the dark. The AL2500 breathalyser is used and recommended for personal use only.
Alcoscan™ AL6000 Lite Alcohol Breathalyser:
The Alcoscan™ AL6000 Lite is a small hand held, portable breath alcohol tester to check subject’s breath alcohol concentration with reliable accuracy. The AL6000 Lite breathalyser is mainly used for home or small office use and has a recalibration cycle once yearly or every 300 tests to maintain reliability.
KY8300 Alcohol Breathalyser:
The KY8300 alcohol breathalyser is a quick testing, easy to use breathalyser with a digital screen and has memory capabilities. This breathalyser is perfectly coupled with a rechargeable, wireless printer and in addition data management software is included to view all test results on a PC. This unit is perfect for all industries who require a breathalyser with printing capabilities but have a tight budget.
Mark X Alcohol Breathalyser:
The Mark X alcohol breathalyser is a highly accurate and quick breathalyser that is used among many large corporations in South Africa including the Johannesburg Metro Police Department. This device coupled with its printer (optional) has stood up in court with pathology results and has been used as reliable evidence.
CHEETAH-1 Alcohol Breathalyser:
The Cheetah-1 is a screening breathalyser with an informative OLED digital screen, rechargeable battery, built-in torch and memory capabilities to recall subjects test results. This unit is perfect for all working environments of any industry which requires a fast and reliable alcohol breathalyser.
Lion AlcoBlow® Alcohol Breathalyser:
The Lion AlcoBlow® is an extremely quick screening breathalyser device and is highly accurate. This device is popular among all markets whether it be for a small business park security checks or large police road-blocks, this device is robust for harsh environments and never ceases to let anyone down.
Lion Alcolmeter® 400 Alcohol Breathalyser:
The Lion Alcolmeter® 400 is a fully automatic device which provides accurate results within seconds. This device is used among many police departments globally including police departments in the United Kingdom.
Lion Alcolmeter® 500 Alcohol Breathalyser:
The Lion Alcolmeter® 500 is a fully automatic device which provides accurate results within seconds. This device is used among many police departments globally including the South African Police Service. This device also has a unique feature where a breath sample can be taken using a nasal tube for patients that are in a comatose state.
Lion Alcolmeter® 600 Alcohol Breathalyser:
The Lion Alcolmeter® 600 is the best breathalyser in its class with a touch screen interface, GPS logging (Optional), Data logging capabilities and has an unlimited number of tests before its 6-month recalibration period. This device is highly specialised and is used among many police departments globally including the Australian Federal Police.
Lion Alcolmeter® 700 Alcohol Breathalyser:
The Lion Alcolmeter® 700 developed to exceed the latest EN 15964 standards for police breathalysers, not just DOT approved as claimed by other manufacturers. This device has multiple modes of operation. It also has the capability of recalling any of the older tests onto its screen for reviewing or reprinting.
With the discovery of Coronavirus in South Africa and many countries around the world, the use of alcohol breathalyzers has come into question. Quantumed understands the seriousness of the pandemic and has documented suggestions below to help reduce the risk of spreading the virus.
We currently offer a variation of Passive and Active alcohol breathalyzers, each with its own testing method:
- Passive alcohol testers don’t require a mouthpiece and capture a breath sample while the subject blows towards the inlet at a minimum distance of 5 cm. Some models make use of a reusable sampling cup while others use a blow cap which channels the air sample into the breathalyzer. There is therefore no physical contact between the subject and the breathalyzer.
- Active alcohol breathalyzers use individual mouthpieces for a more accurate, digital reading. This mouthpiece is not reusable and should be disposed of appropriately once used by the subject.
We strongly recommend the correct usage of the breathalyzers to ensure the proper testing procedure and the preventative steps are carried out.
According to the Centre for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) the Coronavirus is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person.
- Between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet).
- Through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes.
These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs.
Based on the above information, the below testing procedures are suggested as precautionary measures that should be followed when conducting breath alcohol testing.
Alcohol breathalysers in the workplace – recommended operation process:
- The operator should use latex gloves and a suitable preventative face mask when testing employees
- Face the breathalyser away from the operator and other employees during the test
- Hold the test unit at least 5 cm away from test subject during testing process
- Use non-alcoholic wet wipes supplied by Quantumed to clean off the sampling cup and surface of the breathalyser before each test
- Use individual mouthpieces per test or if risk is suspected on passive test cups
- Ensure that the test subject’s mouth does not come into contact with the test device unless using a confirmatory test mouthpiece
- Conduct alcohol testing on suspicion or use the random test approach
- All wipes, mouthpieces and latex gloves to be disposed of in a medical waste bin
Alcohol-based sanitizers cannot be used to disinfect an alcohol breathalyser since this can affect the breath test result. Non-alcohol-based wet wipes are therefore recommended for use.
According to the CDC, these are the steps to prevent the illness
There is currently no vaccine to prevent coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19).
The best way to prevent illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus.
Take steps to protect yourself:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% ethanol or 70% isopropanol. Cover all surfaces of your hands and rub them together until they feel dry.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Put distance between yourself and other people if COVID-19 is spreading in your community. This is especially important for people who are at higher risk of getting very sick.
The above suggested precautions are a preventative guideline based on information provided by the CDC and World Health Organisation.
How To Use The Lion AlcoBlow ® - Demonstration
How To Use The Lion Alcolmeter ® 500 - Demonstration
How To Use The Lion Alcolmeter ® 600 - Demonstration
How To Use The Cheetah-1 - Demonstration